Nation Red: Holy Shit, Zombies are Badass

| Tuesday

I picked up Nation Red yesterday thanks to the magic of Steam’s latest sale.  For a paltry $4 I got a game that’s high on challenge, even if it’s lacking a little in content.  There isn’t anything more satisfying than blowing away tons of zombies with an AA-12 while weaving in and out of them. 

One of the most satisfying bits about Nation Red is that it tries way too hard to be metal, and the crunchy goofy soundtrack lends some odd charm to it.  Don’t believe me?  Check this out then:

So much fire, it’s amazing.

Despite sounding like a Megadeth B-Side at all times, Nation Red is wonderfully satisfying to play.  The blood and guts flying all over the screen just get some stupid ass grin out of my face while I’m mowing through legions of the dead.  All in all, even though it’s back to full price, Nation Red is a wonderfully fun game.  It’s absurd in how goddamn grim-dark it tries to be, but I have the feeling that if it were a little cheekier it wouldn’t work. 

Also, if you’ve got the time, check out Foreign Legion:  Buckets of Blood, I thought it was wonderfully absurd in just how many shooter tropes it plays with.  Pretty simple castle defense game, but I love these absurdly simple experiences.  Beats out on the nasty grim shit like Gears of War

Got a suggestion for the next game I review?  Give us a shout in the comment box, we’d love to hear from you….handsome.

0 comments: